Thursday, June 9, 2016

My setup

As promised to Dan, here is picture of my current setup.You can see mainboard(GW) with attached Wiz820io on it. Then GSM modem on right side. 868MHz antenna connector on top. Cables from PIR, smoke and GBS sensors in the middle.Lead Acid Rechargeable Battery 12V, 7.2Ah in bottom left corner and Meanwell switching power supply PSC-60-C. All mounted in metal box enclosure with tamper switch. As I work on new version now and not changing the software, it shows uptime "79d, 23:57:40".

Remote (door entry) units are connected also by wire cables (RS485 protocol) and there is already short video, how they work.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I'm inspired to do something like this, too.

    I currently use an HAI Omni Pro II, but the hardware is a bit dated and the design is closed. This looks like a fun project. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dan,

    I'll be happy if you join, I hope I'll have the new gateway board ready soon, 2-3 months.

    As you guess, this is not turnkey solution. Although, if you use the same setup as me, iButtons, nodes, gateway, and wired PIR, Smoke, GBS, it should work just by configuring over web interface. But it is all on you. I have protocol defined for RS485 and radio RFM69, all you need to do is define sensors and give it address. For radio nodes you can use different hardware, Moteino for example, I use their library. It is all open, and all based on Arduino. I plan to sell PCBs or complete boards to people to jump-start. And this just my hobby, I'm not planning to live from it, for me it is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam,

    I'd love to join in the fun, but my time is limited these days. You might want to make a post on cocoontech.com. I bet a lot of folks there would be very interested in your work.

    When my antiquated Omni dies, I'll certainly need something more modern to replace it. This looks like the real deal!

    ReplyDelete